Q: What is the weather like in March?
A: HOT!! You need only jeans and a light hoodie in San Jose upon arrival and departure. The rest of the time as little as possible!
Q: What should I budget for in terms of $ to bring?:
Here is a list of activities to budget for (in USD):
DINNERS OUT: Total: $100
SHIATSU MASSAGE: $90
DOLPHIN BOAT TRIP: $100
SURF LESSONS: $50
Q: What clothing and other things should I bring?
A: WHAT TO BRING TO PAVONES:
- Bring $20 American bills! Or take out “colones” at the ATM in Golfito. You will always get a better deal or rate to pay with local colones.
***There is NO ATM here, unless you drive to the border (An hour away). Please budget accordingly for Massage, Boat trips, surf lessons, some dinners, taxis, and any extra’s.
- Water shoes (essential!) for walking on beach rocks and in rivers, or even swimming
- Running shoes for hikes and flip flops for all else
- LIGHTEST of clothing, it's so hot! Mostly bathing suits, sarongs, light dress shorts or t-shirts for evenings, etc.
- Beach towel or sarong
- Headlamp or flashlight and extra batteries (headlamps are essential-europe bound or mountain equipment co-op, or REI have them.
- Benedryl spray for itches or rashes (or a more natural equivalent)
- Any other medications, no pharmacy here
- Sun hat or visor, SPF (sun is hot!)
- Surf shorts and surf shirt if planning to do it so you dont burn while surfing (these are called “rash guards”…essential!)
- Light long sleeve for if arms do burn for beach walks
- Ziplock bags to keep electronic devices in to protect form salt air
- Ipad instead of a laptop if possible...so you can lock it up in a safe if need be.
Note: ***EACH CABINA has a safe.
The main thefts here are the small electrical items that they can scoop up! Please be mindful of this with your things in your room and at the beach.